The utility of pipe rotators
Welding rotators, or pipe rotators, supplement the welding process of pipes, containers, tanks and vessels, as they steady and rotate heavyweight objects with a cylindrical shape. The rotator is equipped with turning rolls which are adjustable to the size of the cylinder keeping it in position while being welded on.
A conventional or manual rotator for welding consists of idle rollers only, while an automatic welding rotator is composed of both an idle section and a powered section. A self-aligning pipe rotator automatically adapts to the size and shape when placing the object, and during the welding process. Self-aligning rotators reduce manual handling and can even manage oval and asymmetrical shapes.
For industries and workshops where substantial lengths of cylinders are welded, the pipe rotators installed on or supplied with integrated bogies facilitate easy loading and extension of additional parts.
The advantages of using a pipe rotator for welding are:
- high-quality circumferential welding connections
- a stable and constant turning speed of unwieldy objects during welding
- reduced lifting and shifting results in minimal risk of damage
- extra safety during welding work
- speeding up production
Depending on the welding tasks at hand, choose conventional equipment composed of a standard set of rollers or welding rollers with extra features. The variables are:
- conventional turning rolls for cylindric shapes with a large diameter
- self-aligning rollers
- option for rotation in steps
- option to lock object in place
- foot pedals for hands-free welding
- digital displays for monitoring process
- transportable equipment
What to consider when buying a welding rotator:
- Does the rotator meet the load capacity?
- Is the rotator suitable for required diameter?
- What power or turning speed is needed?
- Which type of wheels are required? (steel, rubber, polyurethane)
- Which number of rolls are needed for the required length of pipes?
We ship used pipe rotators worldwide.
For assistance to find the best pipe rotator suitable for your welding jobs,
please contact us at +31 165 317 855 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org